Foos for Thought is dedicated to creating safe, secure learning spaces for humans of all ages. No information directly identifying children is ever collected.
· Contact information. Guardians are asked to provide an email address to access certain services, login to OTT devices, see what their child has played and watched on certain Services, and/or receive information about Foos for Thought services and content.
· Correspondence. Foos for Thought may store correspondence with users related to our Services.
· User name and password. Creation of an account is not required to use our Services, but you will have to create an account to save interactive progress, settings, or content created while using our Services. When creating an account, we may collect your user name and password. To ensure safety, development of custom usernames and passwords is required with Foos for Thought oversight of names and passwords so personal information are NOT included. All passwords are also encrypted.
· Original Content. Information and content posted by users through interactive online features is collected by us safely without any connection to personal user information to maintain a safe and secure learning environment. Some Services allow use of a device's camera to capture photos or images. These images are ONLY stored locally on the device whenever possible and NEVER collected by Foos for Thought. When upload of images is available to users, image are moderated.
· Service Use Information. User preferences, avatars, scores, connections, progress, viewing and user history may be stored within our Services to facilitate and enhance your user experience.
· Search queries. Services may include search fields allowing users to search within our Services for specific content or answers to user questions. Information about specific content, terms and topics searched by users is collected by us to help continuously improve our Services.
· Device information. Information about a user’s device, including the hardware model, operating system version, and its unique identifiers may be collected by us to facilitate effective use of our Services.
Foos for Thought does NOT collect:
· Student education records (and therefore we are not subject to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act ("FERPA")
· Biometric or health data
· Information directly identifies children (such as name, e-mail address, phone number)
· Personal information of children, unless legal guardian's consent has been provided or we otherwise comply with law.
Any information collected is to facilitate operation and use of our interactive Services like:
· Run our Services using the necessary internal programming data
· Debug or minimize the occurrence of underwriting messages
· Save user’s progress, settings and/or content
· Send instructional or promotional materials related to our Services to users with Guardian’s permission
· Customize user content displayed to maximize effectiveness of instructional interactivity
· Analyze use of our Services to develop and improve the user experience. For example: the popularity of specific activities, graphics, and browser; the duration of Services uses; the online platforms used to connect users to our Services
· Provide user notifications pursuant to our legal obligations, including in the case of a data incident
· For any other purposes disclosed at the time information is collected or pursuant to your consent.
Foos for Thought we may share non-personal information collected from users as follows:
Authorized third-party vendors. Information such as performance usage analytics and data processing may be shared with our third-party vendors to help evaluate, develop and improve our Services.
Schools and Educational Institutions. We may share performance data as part of our legal partnerships with specific educational institutions. Guardians will be notified of existing partnerships by their educational institution and all data collected is protected through adherence to laws in place by both Foos for Thought and our educational partners.
Business transfers. We may share information in connection with a substantial business transaction, such as the sale of our Services, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Legal purposes. We do not rent or sell information to third parties, but we may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, property, safety, and security of Foos for Thought, our partners, or the public.
With guardian consent. With the consent of a the user’s parent or guardian, we may share a child's information for research purposes but that information will NOT directly identify your child in any way.
To operate and maintain our Services and interact with other partners and users effectively, Foos for Thought may:
· Permit our third party partners place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information via our Services. We do NOT let these partners collect cookie information and similar identifiers that directly identify you or your child, but they may use aggregated or de-identified information to develop their own products and service offerings
· Allow users to refuse or disable cookies through their web browser settings. Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies, and that some of our Services or their functionality may no longer be available to you or your child.
Aggregate your or your child's information with information about other users in a way that does not directly identify you or your child.
We are committed to protecting all user information, adopting all reasonable procedures to help protect this information from loss, misuse, and alteration, including encryption as appropriate particularly when handling children’s information. When using our Services, please recognize no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so Foos for Thought cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit or your child transmits to us.
Contact us at:
Foos for Thought